3We campaign to improve services on the Hope Valley rail line, covering the area between Chinley and Dore.
- To improve the timetable on the line. We are campaigning for an hourly stopping service to call at all stations between Manchester and Sheffield without skip-stopping
- We are campaigning for one of the hourly fast services between Sheffield and Manchester to call at one of the Hope Valley stations to provide an hourly fast service to both Manchester and Sheffield.
- To improve the quality of the trains in use on the line, particularly focusing upon the over-crowding on peak-time services
- To represent the concerns of our members relating to other aspects of the train services to the relevant train companies
- Meeting with representatives of all the rail companies serving the line to discuss the service
- Lobbying MPs and local Councillors to work on our behalf
- Meeting with other stakeholders, such as freight operators and neighbouring rail users’ groups
- Responding on behalf of our members to statutory consultation documents
- Promoting our members’ interests and working with other stakeholders through the High Peak and Hope Valley Community Rail Partnership, to improve services and facilities at stations.